Have you ever though how you can get the best elk hunting boots or do you know some of the things you are supposed to consider? I am writing this to guide you. Elk is an abundant species in the deer family. They are usually hunted for various reasons and if you are a hunter, the type of clothes and shoes you chose to wear when hunting are crucial. For instance, there are different kinds of elk hunting boots on the market how do you choose the best? Here are some of the factors you are supposed to consider.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING ELK HUNTING BOOTS
1. Weather –Elk hunting frequently occurs in rainy and cold seasons. Therefore, the boots you choose should be able to keep your feet warm and dry. If you hunt in cold areas, you should look for cold weather boots. You should consider the environmental condition and choose the one that suits you perfectly,
2. Material – Elk hunting boots are usually made of rubber, leather, and canvas. Rubber is one of the best materials since it is repellent to water. Boots made of rubber at times can be inflexible, but they can protect you from the water. Leather can also be a good option since it lasts for a long time. Canvas boots are also good because they dry quickly when wet. They are less expensive as compared to other materials.
3. Height- Boots with 8 to 10 inches are the most common. Others range from 13 to 18 inches long; these are the best to use in wild areas since they can protect you when moving in the dark water and can protect you from snake bites.
4. Physical Activity –When choosing hunting boots, you should think about the amount of your physical activity. For example, if you are not involved in constant movements you should look for footwear with more insulation. You should also choose the ones, which fits you perfectly with socks.
These are some of the best elk hunting boots you should consider.
1. IRISH SETTER MEN’S 882 ELK TRACKER
It is usually one of the best since it has a removable Comfort Cork EVA Footbed with Memory Foam that enables you to be comfortable. It is also made with the shock absorbance technology, which makes it the best choice for hunting in the wild
- Ultimate Insulation – It ensures that your feet are warm and cozy in a cold season.
- Scent ban- You do not need to worry about feet odor. It is because its leather and lining have a scent control process. It also kills most of the bacteria, which causes odor.
- Gore-Tex Technology – Gore-Tex technology ensures that the boots are water resistant.
2. IRISH SETTER MEN’S 860 ELK TRACKER WATERPROOF
They are made of leather and are designed for harsh weather conditions such as scalding and frigid weather. They have the synthetic sole.
- They are weather friendly – They ensure that your feet are warm and cozy.
- They are comfortable- They have a breathable sole, which makes them easy to carry. You can run or walk comfortably with them.
- Scent ban technology – They have a scent control process and can kill bacteria that causes odor.
- Waterproof- They has a Gore-Tex lining which makes them 100% waterproof. They also have a powerful shock absorbing sole, which makes them be among the best elk hunting boots.
- Bulls- Eye Rubber Outsole – They have a multi-directional lug, which gives the user balance when hiking and walking.
3. BOGS MEN’S CLASSIC HIGH CAMO WINTER SNOW BOOT
They are made of high-quality rubber, which enables them to be waterproof. They are designed in a unique way so that they can offer comfort and warmth in harsh climatic conditions.
- They have a patterned overlay- They have a green and green print, which makes them look like the natural habitat.
- Weather resistant- They have moisture wicking removable sock liner, which protects your feet from heat and odor.
- Rubber outsole – A non-slip rubber can hold you on wet and slippery surfaces.
- Long boots – The long rubber provides a hard and comforting experience in snowdrift areas.
I hope the article has answered most of your questions on how to choose the best elk hunting boots. Have you enjoyed? As you have seen there are different varieties of boots in the market and as a good hunter, you should have the best, and if you consider the all above points, I’m very sure you will succeed. I will appreciate your views in the comments below. Feel free to share that article with your friends if you liked it.